Your Life & Mine: Chocolate!

I hope I don’t lose any friends over this post, but I don’t LOVE chocolate. It’s okay. I like it, but I don’t love it. Chocolate fudge is good, and I enjoy a slice of fudge, but I’d rather eat white chocolate, peanut butter, maple — just about any other flavor than plain chocolate. I don’t even LOVE chocolate cake. I’d rather have white or best of all, carrot. When it comes to chocolate ice cream. Forget it. I will admit, though, a good chewy brownie does a great deal to redeem chocolate from the ranks of the mediocre, at least for me.

A friend of mine made what I consider to be a very wise statement concerning chocolate, and her assertion may be the reason behind my reluctance to choose chocolate. After all, think about almost every American — and probably Canadian — kid’s introduction to chocolate. The quintessential Oreo cookie.

Here’s what my friend said. “Oreo cookies aren’t chocolate. They’re just brown.” Now don’t get me wrong. I can go through a package of Oreos with the best of them, but to do so, I need a tall glass of cold milk, and a plate. When I’m done, the milk is gone, the plate is full of Oreo sides, and I’ve eaten all the frosting. Double Stuff Oreos? Yummmmm.

My question for you? A Food Guru gives you a plate upon which are three piles of candy chips: one milk chocolate, one white, and one butterscotch. He says you can eat all you want, but of only one pile. Which do you choose?

This entry was posted in About You, Sue Harrison Blog and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Your Life & Mine: Chocolate!

1. Jody Harrison says:

Milk chocolate. I like the butterscotch and white chocolate but don’t think I could eat a whole pile. Maybe I should try an experiment. I know I could eat milk chocolate all day long and into the night. My favorite cake is carrot cake, Shirley’s recipe.

2. suehar says:

I don’t think I have Shirley’s recipe for carrot cake. I need to get that from you, Jody!!

3. Just reading this made my mouth water! I love all the choices, plus some you didn’t mention (like dark chocolate), but I’ll take the milk chocolate, please.

4. Ginny Lockhart says:

Definitely milk chocolate. White chocolate leaves a coating on the roof of my mouth and butterscotch chips are only good when mixed with other flavors, but I’d prefer a nice dark chocolate with a good cup of coffee. Anyone care to join me?

5. Nina Leach says:

I prefer carrot, white than chocolate cake. As far as chips go, I would eat some milk chocolate (others are waxy) with milk. I do like most brownies, some are too strong. I am not a chocoholic, unless mixed with carmel or other flavors also.

6. SALLY WNUK says:

Milk chocolate please

7. suehar says:

I”ll even join you for that, Ginny. Dark Chocolate is a whole different flavor, and with a good cup of coffee? YUM!!

Ruth, I like dark chocolate, too. I didn’t at first but in my old age, it’s starting to taste really good!!

8. suehar says:

I’ll be sure to have some on hand if you ever come to my house, Sally! hahaha

9. suehar says:

Me, too, Nina. Give me white or carrot any day!!

10. Anonymous says:

White chocolate is not really chocolate but alot of fat but I love it tp.

11. suehar says:

I wondered about that, Missi!! No wonder I love it so much!!